- Questions & Answers
- Get Expert Help
- Get Coins
1) Vertical analysis is also referred to as
time series analysis
common size analysis
2) The dividend yield
measures the current return on the common stock
equals dividends per share divided by stock price
shows market strength, which measures the strength of the owners
all are true
3) Which of the following would be considered an improper recognition?
not recording a liability
classifying a current asset as long-term to make then financial ratios higher
classifying receipt for an annual magazine subscription as income when the cash is received
all are correct
1). Answer- b. Common size Analysis.
Vertical analysis is a method of financial analysis in which each line item is listed as a percentage of a bese figure within the statement.
In the income statement every item is expressed as a percentage of sales or revenue. And in the balance sheet every item is stated as a percentage of balance sheet total. Vertical analysis is also known as common size financial statement.
2). Answer- d. All are true.
The dividend yield means the dividend expressed as the percentage of current share price. dividend yield is equals dividend per share divided by market price of stock. It shows the market strength. it is the amount of money a company pays to its share holder for owning a share.
Dividend yield = dividend per share / market price per share.
3. Answer- d. All are correct.
If the balances recorded in the final accounts does not depicts a true and clear picture or the figures are misleading then it is said to be improperly recognised.
Classify a current asset as long term to make the financial ratio higher, not recording a liability as well as classifying receipts for the annual magazine subscription as income when the cash is received is improper.
Not recording liability is an error of omission.
Classifying receipt for an annual magazine subscription as income when the cash is received is violation of accrual concept.
Classify the current asset as long term to make financial is to higher is window dressing.
Thus all the three items are improper recognition hence all are correct is right answer.
1) Vertical analysis is also referred to as a. time series analysis b. common size analysis...
1) Trend analysis a. identifies changes over time b. focus on important relationships within financial statements c. presents each asset as a percentage of net sales d. presents each liability as a percentage of total liabilities 2) C/G/S divided by average inventory is the a. inventory turnover ratio b. days inventory on hand c. asset turnover ratio d. days to collect 3) Another term for horizontal analysis is a. industrial analysis b. financial analysis c. trend analysis d. common size...
1) Which of the following applies to vertical analysis? a. also called financial analysis b. financial statement data for the same year is compared to different accounts c. also referred to as trend analysis d. financial statement data for the same accounts are compared to different years 2) Which of the following would be a characteristic of discontinued operations? a. is shown net of taxes on the income statement b. are shown on the income statement after income from operations...
26. Another term for vertical analysis is a. common-size analysis. b. liquidity analysis. c. horizontal analysis. d. leverage analysis. 27. Common-size statements are especially useful in comparing a. a company's performance across time. b. companies of different sizes. c. supplemental information included in the corporate annual report. d. companies of the same size. 28. In preparing a common-size balance sheet, you express all account balances as a percentage of a. total stockholders' equity. b. total liabilities. c. total assets plus...
*************Just choose the correct answer 5- COMMON-SIZE STATEMENTS Includes:(……………….). * A) Common-Size Balance Sheets. B) Common-Size Income Statements. C) Common-Size Statements of Cash Flows. D) All of the above. ___________ 6- COMMON-SIZE STATEMENTS IS (………………). * A) A standardized financial statement presenting all items in percentage terms. B) NOT A standardized financial statement presenting all items in percentage terms. C) A standardized financial statement presenting one items in percentage terms. D) All of the above. ______________ 7- Common–Base Year Statement...
cross sectional analysis is most closely associated with a. common sized analysis b. time series analysis c. intracompany comparisons d. intercompany comparisions
7. The current ratio and quick ratio analysis can belp creditors can ability to pay its current liabilities A True B. False creditors evaluate a company's 8. Which of the following is a characteristic of a corporation? A A corporation has a limited life. B. A corporation is not taxed on the corporation's business income. C. The owners of a coronation have limited liability for the corporation D. All of the above ll outstanding 9. Shares of stock that has...
B is Earnings per share on common stock Current Position Analysis The following data were taken from the balance sheet of Nilo Company at the end of two recent fiscal years: Current Previous Year Year Current assets: Cash $535,000 $448,000 Marketable securities 619,500 504,000 Accounts and notes 253,50D 158,000 receivable (net) Inventories 887,000 590,700 Prepaid expenses 457,000 271,300 Total current assets $2,752,000 $2,072,000 Qument liabilities: Accounts and notes payable (short-term) Accrued liabilities Total currerit liabilities $371,200 268,800 $640,000 $392,000 169,000 $550,000...
using the financial statements above, all numbers are in thousands. 1. prepare the common size balance sheet and income statement 2. calculate financial ratios. (suppose stock price is 5$ per share, there are 10 million shares outstanding) 3. Calculate the DuPont identity, how does each component contribute to ROE? 2009 2010 Assets $ Current assets Cash Accounts receivable Inventory Total Fixed assets Net plant and equipment Total assets 3,291 4,787 12,398 $ 20,476 3,507 5,821 13,822 23,150 $ 48,907 $...
1/ Which one of the following steps adds the most value to a financial statement analysis? a/ Determine the purpose of the analysis b/ Develop conclusions c/ Analyze and interpret the ratios d/ Prepare common-size analysis 2/ In accounting terms, the different business activities that the firm engages in or the different geographic regions it does business in are referred to as a/ operating activities. b/ business segments. c/ operating segments. d/ operating divisions. 3/ The following data was taken...
Following are definitions or descriptions of terms relating to ratio analysis.(1) Involves studying the relationship between two or more financial statement items(2) Indicates the amount that investors are willing to pay for each $1 of a company’s earnings over the past 12 months(3) Involves a comparison of a company’s financial ratios with those of competing companies or industry norms(4) Measures a firm’s ability to generate sales relative to its investment in assets(5) Focuses on changes in a firm’s ratios over...