- Questions & Answers
- Get Coins
To answer the question, elaborate the following points.
1. Define Gentrification: the process of changing the character of a neighborhood through the influx of more affluent residents and businesses. It is mainly due to the attraction to a particular area by people with higher incomes spilling over from neighboring cities, towns, or neighborhoods.
2.Pros and Cons of Gentrification :
Pros: Development, Introduction to new culture and style, Improvement in public safety, etc..
Cons: Changes the culture and standard, sometimes make the community poorer, increase in cost, Uneven wealth distribution,etc..
3. Social critiques on Gentrification: Disadvantages to lower-income urban residents, Displacement, and erosion of social capital. (Elaborate the points)
4. Gentrification and different communities: Gentrification positive and negative effects on the neighborhood. For eg. Safer streets and improved infrastructure. Explain how it affects the community bond( Gentrification causes weakening of community bonds). It can cause fear of displacement among existing residents. It can also be accompanied by racial and economic discrimination. The positive changes in the neighborhood—a more vibrant street life, lower crime, improved schools—bring about a sense of well-being and encourage civic engagement among all residents. Increased taxpayers advantage the government too.
5. Effects on the community at large: Lower community connections in gentrified areas., effects on the displacement of lower-income residents by economic and social pressure, gains through gentrification to a community that was capital flight and deindustrialized.
sociological critique on gentrification How does this affect all parties invloved? How does it affwct the...
how does heart disease affect your neighborhood/community?
How does Kant attempt to answer Hume's critique of knowledge?
How does managed care affect healthcare organzations’ relationships with buyers, sellers, their community in general and the government? How does managed care affect the doctor-patient relationship ?
-How does PH affect nursing? -How does cellular communication affect nursing? -How does cellular respiration affect nursing?
According to C.W. Mills, the sociological imagination attempts to capture the interplay between all the following, EXCEPT: Society and individual Community and culture Biography and history Self and world According to Karl Marx, this fact expresses merely that the object which labor produces – labor’s product – confronts it as something _________, as a power independent of the producer. Foreign Alien Unbelievable Innate
How does aging affect vital signs and how does this affect assessment and treatment.
How does cancer affect a woman? how does it affect them on their daily activity, family, career and beyond? please provide lots of information
14. How does clear cutting a large forest affect the ecosystem energy flow?
How does medical errors affect healthcare as a whole? How does medical errors affect people at the individual level?
business law How does the relationship between the parties affect presumptions concerning their contractual intent? 59 22. Amanda belongs to a defined benefit plan in which she accrues a $750 that each year of service. a) What is her pension if she has 11 years of service? 750x11 - 8250 b) What is her pension if she has 22 years of service? 750 x 22 = 1 G.Soo. 23. Use the employer's pension obligation table below to calculate the value...