- Questions & Answers
- Get Coins
Predict the product & synthesis design for carbonyl compounds.
Predict the relative order of reactivity of the indicated carbonyl compounds in reactions with nucleophiles (1 = most reactive carbonyl electrophile). Use all three logic arguments of organic chemistry (resonance, inductive and steric). Show structures, lone pairs and arrow-pushing conventions in your answer to provide an explanation for your order of reactivity. Write the expected product in a reaction with lithium aluminium deuteride, LiAlD4, followed by workup (no mechanisms) Name 2. Predict the relative order of reactivity of the indicated...
1. Predict Product: H 2. Propose a synthesis of the polystyrene using the carbon-containing compounds (shown at left). along with anything else you want. o & H2C=CH2 H,CECHE CO2H
3. Draw the organic product of the reduction of each of these carbonyl compounds using NaBH4 in ethanol.
4. Design a synthesis to make the following compounds -och- from T H and A and any other reagents jom from He
Concept- Design a synthesis of 4-Cyanocyclohexene Design a synthesis of 4-cyanocyclohexene from 2-bromopropanenitrile and any other compounds using a Diels-Alder cycloaddition reaction. CN Br CN and any other compounds Part 1 out of 7 Choose the best option for the diene precursor to the target molecule CN diene dienophile CN CN
20. Starting from benzene or anisole and any other reagent of your choice, design a synthesis for each of the following compounds. (18 pts) 21. Predict the products from the Birch reductions shown below. (3 pts) Na GLO Bonus: (6 pts) Provide a synthesis for the target molecule using benzene. COH COH TM
3. Draw the organic product of the reduction of each of these carbonyl compounds using NaBH, in ethanol. 4. The reduction of this ketone with NaBHin ethanol give two organic products. Explain why there are two products and draw both of them in a way that clearly shows the difference.
Problem 1. Synthesize the following alkene through the Wittig reaction of a carbonyl compound and a Wittig reagent. 2,3-diphenyl-2-butene 2. Predict the products of the following reactions. Casco CHCH.CHCH, CHCH.CH но ats ОО 2.0 CH,CHACHCH,CHCHOCH.CH, CH 3. A useful and general method for the synthesis of alcohols is the addition of Grignard reagents to carbonyl compounds. Show what Grignard reagent and what carbonyl compound you would start with to prepare the alcohol below. List all possibilities. 2-methyl--butanol 2-METHYL-2- BOTANIC
Design an effective synthesis for each of the following amino acids starting from the compounds shown on the left. You may also use any monofunctional organic compound containing four or less carbon atoms, and any inorganic reagents in your syntheses.
The Wittig synthesis of the following alkene would ideally employ which carbonyl compound? The Wittig synthesis of the following alkene would ideally employ which carbonyl compound? a) propanol b) acetone c) 2,4-dimethyl-3-pentanone d) 2-methyl-3-hexanone