Homework Help Question & Answers

An investor calculates his return and risk in €. The investor has invested in a U.S. portfolio no...

An investor calculates his return and risk in €. The investor has invested in a U.S. portfolio now worth $1.000. The investor thinks that there is a 40% chance that the portfolio will be worth $1.300 one year from now and a 60% chance that it will be worth $900. The € is now worth $1,07 and the investor thinks that there is a 50% chance that it will be worth $1,00 one year from now and a 50% chance that it will be worth $1,15. What is the expected return on this portfolio, in €'s, and what is the standard deviation of the return, in €'s? (Assume that the return on the portfolio in $ is independent of the $/€ exchange rate).

0 0
ReportAnswer #1

50% 40% 1300/1.00

60% 900/1.00

50% 40% 1300/1.15

60% 900/1.15

Probability Returns

20% =(1300/1.00)/(1000/1.07)-1=39.100%

30% =(900/1.00)/(1000/1.07)-1=-3.700%

20% =(1300/1.15)/(1000/1.07)-1=20.957%

30% =(900/1.15)/(1000/1.07)-1=-16.261%

Expected return=20%*(39.100%)+30%*(-3.700%)+20%*(20.957%)+30%*(-16.261%)=6.02310%

Standard Deviation=sqrt(20%*(39.100%-6.02310%)^2+30%*(-3.700%-6.02310%)^2+20%*(20.957%-6.02310%)^2+30%*(-16.261%-6.02310%)^2)=20.994%

Add Homework Help Answer
Add Answer of:
An investor calculates his return and risk in €. The investor has invested in a U.S. portfolio no...
Your Answer: Your Name: What's your source?
Not the answer you're looking for? Ask your own homework help question. Our experts will answer your question WITHIN MINUTES for Free.
More Homework Help Questions Additional questions in this topic.
Need Online Homework Help?
Ask a Question
Get FREE EXPERT Answers
WITHIN MINUTES
Related Questions