- Homework Solutions
- Homework Questions & Answers
Q. No. 1. Answer :
Private insurance plan :
Private insurance plan it is not runned by state government or federal government, it is purchased from variety of sources like employer, state or federal market place or by private market place.
Pioneer insurance plans are having great insurance plans and high deductibles.
These are unique among all insurence carriers from many years.
Non profit carriers provided by prepaid coverages.
Q. No. 2. Answer :
First 2 prepaid group practice health plans are affordable health insurance plans for family with free health check ups, and unlimited consultations.
* prepaid group practice health plans started in California US 1929, by Ross loos Medical group .
Q. No. 3. Answer :
Health maintainance organization act ( HMO act) is a US federal law enacted under the president Richard Nixon on Dec 29 , 1973.
The principal sponsor of federal hmo act was sent Edward
M. Kennedy (MA).
The physicians can operate the HMO prepaid group practices.
What is the private insurance plan that was the pioneer (first & largest) and had a...
What is the private insurance plan that was the pioneer (first & largest) and had a nonprofit status that made it unique among all private insurance carriers for many years. What were the first 2 Prepaid Group Practice Health Plans & in what state did they begin According to the Health Maintenance Organization Act of 1973 who can sponsor and operate an HMO prepaid group practice
Comparing Private Insurance P Alison purchases health insurance coverage for herself and her spouse. This is an example of a group urance plan Indemnity, or fee-for-service, plans and managed care plans cover medical expenses if you are sick or injured, but in different ways. The following questions examine the general differences between the two plans. Taking a closer look at how these plans provide coverage will help you begin to customize a health care plan that best suits your requirements....
3. Private health insurance Comparison of plans and providers Aa Aa E In the United States, private health insurance plans can be written as group or individual plans, or as indemnity or managed care plans. Comparing Private Insurance Plans Lillian is able to secure health insurance because she is a member of her credit union. This is an example of insurance plan. Indemnity, or fee-for-service, plans and managed care plans cover medical expenses if you are sick or injured, but...
Medical Insurance class: Why is important to receive a monthly enrollment list from a health plan? What are write-offs and how do they affect the practice accounting system? How are group health plans an TPAs governed by HIPAA?
You are the nurse manager of a 15-bed intensive care unit (ICU) and you have 50 staff on your unit. The ICU staff is focused on patient-centered care and treats patients equally, regardless of insurance type. Occasionally the staff has insurance-related questions that arise from the patients and families or are based on personal inquiries. 1. It is open benefit enrollment period at your hospital. The ICU staff received an email reminder to enroll in the health care benefits plan for next...
What is the first step for providers seeking to implement population health? A. Identify social and behavioral health determinants. B. Set measurable population health goals. C. Define the challenge and target population. What legislation first introduced incentives for providers to adopt population health care strategies? A. Medicare Social Security Amendments of 1965 B.The Health Maintenance Organization Act of 1973 C.Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 What is a measure of the health status of people in a population?...
31. Are provider chart reviews a common component of a compliance plan which meets OIG recommendations? 32. What is the False Claims Act? 33. Are provider urine screenings a common component of a compliance plan which meets OIG recommendations? 34. Identify at least two government services which foster and support provider compliance? 35. What federal law designated that the states have primary authority to regulate the “business of insurance”? 36. Identify three features from the Affordable Care Act which addressed...
check the answers! Chapter 3 Review L = licensure Applying knowledge LO 3.1 R- Registration Write for licensure, "C" for certification, and R for registration in the space provided to indicate which is applicable in the following descriptions 1. Involves a mandatory credentialing process established by law, usually at the state level. 2 Involves simply paying a fee. 3. Involves a voluntary credentialing process, usually national in scope, most often sponsored by a private sector group. 4. Required of all...
4. KEY TERMS Multiple Choice Circle the letter of the choice that best matches the definition or answers the question 1. A list of the medical services covered by an insurance policy C. Noncovered services D. Fee-for-service A. Health care claim B. Schedule of benefits 2. Health plans are often referred to as: C. Providers D. Payers A. Policyholders B. Subscribers managed care network of providers under contract to provide services at discounted fees. A. Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) B....
69) A policy that pays you back for actual expenses is called A) An indemnity plan. B) A deductible plan. C) A reasonable and customary plan. D) A reimbursement plan. E) A coinsurance plan m The set amount that you must pay toward medical expenses before the insurance company pays benefits is called A) Deductible. B) Reimbursement C) Indemnity. D) Internal limit. E) Reasonable and customary charges. 71) Which of the following is a government health care program? A) Health...