- Homework Solutions
- Homework Questions & Answers
When the isomers have OH bond on left side - it is knwon as (L) isomer
When the isomers have OH bond on right side - it is knwon as (D) isomer
The names of the stereisomers have been written on below image-
Hope it helps
PLEASE LEAVE LIKES :)
4. Write the name of the following monosaccharides with the correct Stereoisomers (D or L). (3...
4. Write the name of the following monosaccharides with the correct Stereoisomers (Dor L). (3 marks) CH,OH 1 c=0 H-C-OH HO-C-H HO-C-H 1 H-C-OH H-C-OH CHO HO-CH CH,OH H-C-OH H-C-OH 1 CH,OH CH,OH A 5. What is an epimer? In the following structures indicate the two structures and the specific carbon atoms that are making them epimers. (4 marks) H-C-OH H-C-OH CH,OH HO-CH HO-CH CH,OH 2 HO-C-H 3 H-C-OH 4 CH,OH
Are the following monosaccharides D or L? 1. Are the following monosaccharides D or L? CH2OH C -0 HOHO —OH HO | —H HO | _H -H HI-OH HI-OH HO 「H—OHH -OH HF -OH H- —OH -OH | HO —— HH- CH2OH CH2OH CH2OH of of m -OH H- CH2OH Answer:
uTube Maps express-care-orine-. O COMID-19 New Tab V The Damage Nitpickin... Consider monosaccharides D, E, and E. CHO CH2OH CHO H OH CEO HO H HE OH HO H HO -H H OH HO H H ОН CH2OH CH2OH CH2OH D E F a. Which two monosaccharides are stereoisomers? D and F E and F D and E as well as D and F O E and F D and E as well as E and F D and F...
1. Which of the following is an aldohexose? 2. Which of the following is a cetopentose? 3. Which of the following best describes the relationship between D-glucose and D-fructose? 4. Which of the following is (are) L-alfohexose(s)? 5. Which of the following aldohexose(s) is (are) dextrorotatory? 6. How many stereoisomers are possible for L-galactose? Draw or look for its structure. 7. Which of the following conpounds is a pair of enantiomers? 8. Draw the fisher projection for L-sedoheptulose and also...
T. How many stereoisomers of beta-D-glucopyranose exist (including itself)? a. 4 e. too many to consider b. 8 с. 16 d. 32 onsider the following Fischer projections and answer the questions: CHO H OH HO H H OH H O ČH2OH glucose CHO CHO H OH Но- СНО н H- OH HO OH HO -н -н H- OH H HO -H HO н- H OH ČH2OH H OH CH2OH OH CH OH allose galactose talose 2. Which pair are not...
CHO H-C-OH H-C-OH H-C-OH CH, OH CHO 1 H-C-OH HO-c-H H-C-OH H-C-OH CH, OH CHO H-C-OH HO-C-H HO-º-H H-C-OH CH,OH CH,OH CEO HO-C-H H-C-OH H-C-OH CH,OH D A B с Which of the sugars in the figure above is an ketopentose? C B None of the choices are correct. D A
Question 7 (1 point) The structures of galactose (left) and glucose (right) are shown below. How are the two monosaccharides related? SHO SHO H-C-OH H-C-OH HO-C-H HO-C-H HOC-HH- OH H-C-OHH-C-OH CH,OH CH,OH ( 1) structural isomers 2) stereoisomers ( 3) enantiomers 4) anomers
Carbohydrates 1. Label each of the monosaccharides shown below as a triose, tetrose, pentoso, or hexose. но CH OH HT -он - он Н - ОН но -н но -Н но -н нон сньон он но -н НОН CH OH нон нон нон снон CH OH сон сон H- OH H- -он OH cң, он н-с-он Сн,он снон 2. Label each of the monosaccharides shown above as a ketose or aldose. 3. Identify all of the chiral carbons in the...
Give the IUPAC name of each of the following compounds aromate D) amine E) ketone 2. Give the IUPAC name of each of the following compounds: H OH HC (a) Hoc (b) CHE (c) Hoc HO (d) CH3 CHE HC (e) Ho-o (1) na CH₂ H CH₂ HyC N. CH3 HC N ( g ) сн. Show transcribed image text
1. Circle the aromatic compound N: : NH NH A B с D E 2. Which one of the following compounds is more reactive towards Electrophilic Aromatic Substitution? PhCOH PhCCI PhCH PhCN PhCI A B с D E 3. Which one of the following Aldohexoses is an epimer of L-Galactose: CHO CHO CHO CHO CHO CHO HOTH HOH HOTH н+он н+он HTOH н+он н+он н+он HO+H HO+H HO+H H OH НЕОН HOTH HO+H НО-Н H OH HO FH H-HOH Но+н...