- Questions & Answers
- Get Expert Help
- Get Coins
8. A nurse is preparing to initiate IV therapy for a client. Which of the following sites should the nurse use to place the peripheral IV catheter?
Nondominant forearm basilic vein
Dominant antecubital basilic vein
Dominant distal dorsal vein
Nondominant dorsal venous arch
9. A client who has active tuberculosis and is taking rifampin reports that his urine and sweat have developed a red-orange tinge. Which of the following actions should the nurse take?
Check the client’s lover function test results.
Document this as an expected finding.
Instruct the client to increase his fluid intake.
Prepare the client for dialysis.
10. A nurse is caring for a client who is taking triamterene. For which of the following laboratory values should the nurse withhold the medication?
Albumin 4 g/dL
Sodium 142 mEq/L
BUN 16 mg/dL
Potassium 5.3 mEq/L
11. A nurse is preparing to administer potassium chloride elixir 20 mEq/day PO to divide equally every 12 hr. Available is 6.7 mEq/5 mL. How many mL should the nurse administer per dose? (Round to answer to the nearest tenth. Use a leading zero if it applies. Do not use a trailing zero.)
12. A nurse is caring for a client who has major depression and a new prescription for citalopram. Which of the following adverse effects is the priority for the nurse to report to the provider?
13. A nurse is caring for a client who has a prescription for total parental nutrition (TPN). Which of the following routes of administration should the nurse use.
Central venous access device
14. A nurse is planning care for a client who requires treatment for high cholesterol. Which of the following prescriptions should the nurse expect to administer?
This Homework Help Question: "8. A nurse is preparing to initiate IV therapy for a client. Which of the following..." No answers yet.
We need 10 more requests to produce the answer to this homework help question. Share with your friends to get the answer faster!
0 /10 have requested the answer to this homework help question.
8. A nurse is preparing to initiate IV therapy for a client. Which of the following...
A nurse is preparing to administer IV fluids to a client. The nurse notes sparks when plugging in the IV pump. Which of the following actions should the nurse take first? Label the pump with a defective equipment sticker. Unplug the pump. Obtain a replacement pump. Notify the biomedical department to fix the pump. A nurse is caring for a client who has a surgical wound. Which of the following laboratory values places the client at risk for poor wound...
Use the following scenario and client data to answer the question. A nurse is preparing to administer medications to a client for whom the nurse has the following data: Diagnosis Major depressive disorder Medications to Administer Vital signs Diazepam 5 mg oral twice daily BP 152/78 mm Hg Pulse rate 92/min Respiratory rate 18/min Oral temperature 36.7° C (98.1°F) O2 saturation 97% on room air Weight 97.7 kg (215 lb) Gabapentin 300 mg oral three times daily Atropine 0.4 mg...
1. A nurse is providing teaching to an adolescent client who has been prescribed isotretinion (accutane). The nurse should inform the client that which of the following medications are contraindicated while taking accutane? a. metronidazole (flagyl) b. prednisolone (prednisone) c. omeprazole (prilosec) d. spironolactone (aldactone) 2. A nurse is preparing to administer chemotherapy to a client who has colon cancer. The client has the following laboratory results: WBC 700/mm3, RBC 2.8 million/mm3, Hgb 7.9 g/dLWhich of the following actions should...
The nurse is preparing to insert an in dwelling catheter into an adult female client. Before inserting the urinary catheter, the nurse should a) spread the labia with dominant hand b) clean the meats by wiping in a circular motion c) assist the patient into a dorsal recumbent position d) wear gloves to pour the antiseptic solution
Please answer and give rationale 1. A nurse i preparing to administer a medication to a client through nontunneled percutaneous central venous catheter. Which of the following actions should the nurse take? a. apply a local anesthetic to the skin b. put on sterile gloves c. flush the catheter with 10 mL of 0.9% sodium chloride d. close the inline clamp 2. A nurse is assessing the incision of a client who is 5 days postoperative. The nurse should notify...
a nurse is caring for a client who has a new prescription for maraviroc therapy. The nurse should instruct the client to report which of the following adverse effects? A nurse is caring for a client who has a new prescription for maraviroc therapy. The nurse should instruct the client to report which of the following adverse effects? (Select all that apply.) Paresthesia O Cough Tinnitus Jaundice Fever
8. The nurse is preparing to administer Vancomycin 16 by intermittent IV bolus. Available is Vancomycin 16 in 100ml of dextrose 5% in water to infuse over 45 minutes. The drop factor of the manual IV tubing is 10ggt/ml. The nurse should adjust the manual IV infusion to deliver how many gtt/min? (Round the answer to the nearest whole number. Do not use a trailing zero.) 9. The nurse is teaching a client who has osteoporosis about a new prescription...
27. A nurse is caring for a client who has acute heart failure and is receiving furosemide via IV bolus. The nurse should identify that which of the following findings indicates a desired therapeutic effect? Increased sputum production Decreased weight Decreased blood glucose level Increased blood pressure 54. A nurse is assessing a client who receives monthly injections of cyanocobalamin. Which of the following findings indicates a therapeutic effect of the medication? Absence of hand tremors Hematocrit 45% Potassium 3.8...
The nurse is preparing to insert a peripheral venous access device (VAD) for a client Which of the following actions should the nurse fake 01 Ask the client to open and close the list multiple times 02 Tap the client's vein multiple times to promote dilabon Apply the tourniquet 9 to 10 in (225 to 25 cm) above the venupuncture site 04 Palpate for a vein after cleansing the selected site 03
1.The nurse is caring for a client with a prescription for enoxaparin 2mg/kg subcutaneous daily. The client weighs 155lbs 8oz the pharmacyndispenses enoxaparin 40mg/0.4ml how many ml will the nurse administer. Record answer rounding to the nearest tenth. 2. The nurse is caring for a child with the following prescription dicloxacillin sodium 50mg po every 6hrs the child weighs 36lbs 4oz. The recommended dosage for dicloxacillin sodium for oral suspension is 12-13mg/kg/day for children less than 40mg in equally divided...