- Scan Question
- + Post
- Get Coins
1) Which of the following is not a form of commodity money?
b) All of these
d) precious stones
2) Legal tender is
a) money that a government has required to be accepted in settlement of debts.
b) money that has a value other than as a currency.
c) money that must be backed by gold.
d) money that must be accepted as payment for goods and services.
3) Sarafina withdraws $450 from her saving account and places the money in her wallet. This transaction will
a) increase both M1 and M2.
b) not change M1 and decrease M2.
c) increase M1 and not change M2.
d) decrease both M1 and M2.
4) Demand deposits are included in
a) neither M1 nor M2.
d) both M1 and M2.
5) Currency is included in
a) both M1 and M2.
b) neither M1 nor M2.
c) M2 only.
d) M1 only.
Ans1) c) checks
Ans2) a) money that a government has required to be accepted in settlement of debts.
Ans3) C) increase M1 and not change M2.
Ans4) a) both M1 and M2.
1) Which of the following is not a form of commodity money? a) cigarettes b) All...
1/If the Fed buys U.S. government bonds from the public, itA/increases the volume of reserves in the banking system and the money supply tends to grow.B/decreases the volume of reserves in the banking system and the money supply tends to grow.C/increases the volume of reserves in the banking system and the money supply tends to fall.D/decreases the volume of reserves in the banking system and the money supply tends to fall.2/A financial intermediary is an institution that collects funds from...
Gold, silver, and furs, when used as money, are referred to as a- fiat money b-precious money c-paper currency d-commodity money The money supply is considered to be M1. M1 consists of what? a-currency + checking account balances + saving account balances b-currency + checking account balances + travelers' checks c-currency + checking account balances + credit cards d-currency + credit cards + certificates of deposit e-currency only The main purpose of financial intermediaries is that a-the process of finding...
24) If households in the economy decide to take money out of savings accounts and put this money into checking accounts this will A) not change M1 and not change M2. B) decrease M1 and not change M2. C) increase M1 and decrease M2. D) increase M1 and increase M2. E) None of the above is correct
Please answer all questions. 16) When compared to exchange systems that rely on money, disadvantages of the barter system include A) lowering the cost of exchange to those who would specialize. B) encouraging specialization and the division of labor. C) lowering the cost of exchanging goods over time. D) the requirement of a double coincidence of wants. 17) Which of the following is NOT included in the M1 measure of money but is included in the M2 measure of money?...
What are the features of commodities suitable for using as money? What are the drawbacks of the following to be considered as money? Nails, Cigarettes, Sea Shells a. Consider the following monetary statistics. US$ Currency held by Public = 100 Reserves (Currency) held by Banks = 300 Checking Accounts = 500 Savings Accounts = 1000 Estimate high powered money (monetary base), narrow money and broad money. b. What happens to those monetary aggregates (MB, M1 and M2) in...
Which of the following is part of the M2 definition of the money supply, but not part of M1?a. Checkable depositsb. Currency held in banksc. Currency in circulationd. Money market mutual fund shares
12. Which of the following statements is (are) correct? (x) The legal tender requirement by the U.S. government means that people are more likely to accept the U.S. dollar as a medium of exchange. (y) Since the U.S. government has decreed that U.S. currency is legal tender, the government must hold enough gold to redeem all currency. (z) The set of items that serve as media of exchange clearly includes credit cards and short-term bonds. A. (x), (y), and (z)...
17) The IS curve will shift when which of the following occurs? A) a reduction in output. C) a reduction in consumersʹ confidence. B) a reduction in interest rate. D) a reduction in money supply. 18) When a liquidity trap situation exists, the most appropriate policy to increase output would be A) a central bank purchase of bonds. B) an increase in government purchase. C) a central bank sale of bonds. D) none of the above 19) Which of the...
11. Businesses can borrow money by which of the following actions? (a) buying goods and services. (b) selling bonds (c) buying bonds (a) selling goods and services. 12. In the market for lettuce to the right, P an fall in the equilibrium price from P2 to P1 and a fall in the equilibrium quantity from Q2 to Q1 would be caused by: P5 T (a) an increase in the supply of lettuce (b) a decrease in the supply of lettuce...
2) For each of the following think about whether the portion of assets the person has in both M1 and M2 is going up, down, or staying the same. Provide a brief explanation (i.e. for each part you should state what happens to M1 and what happens to M2). a) Emily withdraws funds from her checking account and deposits them into a money market mutual fund. b) Emilia withdraws funds from her checking account and uses them to buy shares...